Thursday, March 26, 2009

Updates From the Frozen Tundra



I guess laziness is part of winter now for me. I have kind of dropped off the blogging world (facebook called!). There hasn't been much noteworthy activity with us. Working, wondering about work, working some more, cleaning, cleaning some more, and kids. That about sums it up. Oh, and trying to stay sane and warm. And then MN weather tricks us and we THINK that spring is coming because all of the snow melted, the Mississippi is flowing, Canadian geese have started flying in, and green is poking through, and THEN there are snow flurries. So, to keep my spirits up, I've been telling Jeff and the kids that the flakes twisting around in the wind are "pretty." Which they actually are, especially when they don't linger on the ground. But we have had our windows open, taken the plastic off of our upstairs windows (Northerners would understand that!), and I've actually gotten to run outside a few times....until the temps drop. But it has spurred me on to get some painting done inside of this house. Paint is a quick fix of sorts. Kitchen painted, bathroom & hallway painted, living finished, AND Jenna's pink polka dot room is starting to take shape. Yep. Her choice of color and pattern with WILD fabric and rug thrown in for good measure. It all suits her personality. Enjoy the photos. But, it's not finished yet. Woodwork needs painting, her bedframe needs painting. Bookcases (that Grandpa built for Jeff when HE was born....37 years ago!) need painting...You get the picture. Lots left to do. And Jaden's room still needs help. SOOOOOOOOOO...if anyone wants to strip wallpaper, paint woodwork, or walls...come on over.

1 comment:

pam said...

It is absolutely adorable. The walls look edible. All I can think of is cake and candy when I look at her room. Good job Jermaine. Please come over and do my girls room.